Isle Estate bed & Breakfast Access statement.
We endeavour to cater for the needs of our visitors in our home based three bed roomed Bed and Breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If there are any specific questions please contact us and we will do our utmost to help.
1. We can be contacted via the phone 01743 851218 / 07776 257286 or email email@example.com
2. Breakfast Menus can be provided in large print if required. The breakfast menu is explained on arrival, so if there are any queries we will be able to deal with these then.
3. We can provide dinner by prior arrangement. Please inform us of any requests or special dietary needs when booking this service.
4. A copy of this access statement can be sent via post, if required.
5. The main town is Shrewsbury and the town centre is about 3 miles from the Isle. If arriving by canoe there is a 300 yard walk from the River Severn.
Arrival and Parking facilities:
1. At the bottom of the drive there is a sign saying ‘Isle Estate’ and a further B&B sign on the railings below the house. Detailed directions are available on request.
2. There is ample parking to the front of the house.
3. From the car parking area there is level access to the front door.
4. On the centre of the door there is a push button bell.
5. In the evenings the front of the house, porch, hall, stairway and landings are lit.
6. Once in the house there is emergency lighting covering all avenues of escape.
7. Should any assistance be required to access our property please let us know.
8. We are non smoking and dogs and horses can be catered for.
Main entrance and reception area:
1. This is all on the level
2. The hall has a tiled floor.
3. There are no loop systems or background music in the house.
4. If required a pad/pen could be provided on arrival.
7. Seating is available in the hall by way of chairs
8. All guests are personally shown to their rooms by one or other of the owners, which covers a short familiarisation tour.
9. The front door is half glass and 106 cm in width.
10. There are no lifts to the first floor or hand or grab rails in the hall.
Public areas - Guest sitting room and staircase:
1. The guest sitting room has a manual leaf door 88 cm wide as does the breakfast room which is 87 cm wide.
2. There is a full fire alarm but no disabled access call buttons.
3. Both and guest sitting room and the breakfast room are on the ground floor. The sitting room is carpeted and the breakfast room has wooden floors with a large rug (not thick pile).
4. There are two bedded, ensuite room on the ground floor, off of the guest lounge.
5. There are no public phones or other provisions, such as induction loops.
6. There is a staircase to the first floor 90 cm wide, ten steps, a half landing and six further steps. The stairs are carpeted.
7. In addition to the emergency lights the Hall is well lit with two switches operating the lights, one for the hall and one for the stairs. The Hall itself is spacious.
8. There are no special baby changing facilities.
Public areas - wc - ground floor:
1. The wc is under the stairs.
The table is 4.5m long and 1.5m wide, with an under space of 62 cm. There are ten chairs at the table.
There is a local at the end of the lane or a slightly larger Co-op two miles from the house. We hold a supply of postage stamps, for your convenience.
Service washes and drying can be arranged, by prior arrangement.
1. The gardens surround the house and guests are welcome to use them.
2. There is also a pool in the walled garden which is gated and can be used with prior permission and children must be supervised at all times.
3. Guests are welcome to walk over the entire estate and are reminded it is a working farm and to watch out for machinery or stock. If in doubt ask.
1. The first floor bedrooms are not suitable for wheelchair users.
2. The fire alarm is audible only. The owners will alert all guests/visitors in the event of a fire.
3. The TV's/DVD in the rooms have remote controls with small buttons.
4. There are no provisions or aids.
5. The flooring is fully carpeted.
6. There is ceiling lighting in each bedroom. All of the lights are low energy.
7. There are two double bedded rooms, the ‘White Room’ and the ‘Pink Room’.
8. Guest information can be printed in large font by prior arrangement.
9. There are no steps on the first floor.
10. There are tea and coffee facilities in the rooms.
11. There are no fridges in the rooms.
12. Walls are generally light in colour.
13. There is no room service for food in the bedrooms.
14. We have non feather pillows available.
15. We are non smoking.
The White Room.
A Panelled room painted in white with an ensuite shower and bathroom with views over the Park to the front of the house. There is a Mahogany hanging cupboard, Oak desk and bedside tables. Access is by a door 79cm wide.
Bed is a Willow Brooke 5ft 6ins king size, height 2ft 6ins with individual controls to adjust the mattress position.
Bathroom is wooden panelled painted white with a door 75cm wide. The floor is a slightly textured Oak effect lino.
Shower tray 83cm x 116cm with a door entry of 48cm and a mixer and single shower head.
The bath is 146cm x 54cm and 40cm deep with a tiled surround central mixer tap and shower attachment.
The WC is 43cm high and available space around is 25cm to left and 88cm cm to right. There is no seat adjuster, raiser or support rail.
There is a pull cord light switch.
The Pink Room.
A room painted Gentle yellow with an ensuite bathroom and views over the Lake to the rear of the house. There is a fitted hanging cupboard, painted desk and bedside tables. Access is by a door 68cm wide.
Bed is a 5ft king size, height 2ft.
Bathroom is painted gentle yellow with a door 76cm wide. The floor is a slightly textured pine effect lino.
The bath is 150cm x 56cm and 40cm deep with a tiled surround and an end mixer tap and shower attachment.
The WC is 43cm high and available space around is 46cm to left and 34cm cm to right. There is no seat adjuster, raiser or support rail.
There is a pull cord light switch.
The Purple Room.
A room painted Lilac Purple with twin beds and a detached bathroom 8 meters away down the corridor. It has views to the front of the house towards the Park and Georgian Dovecot. There is a free standing hanging wardrobe with draws underneath and three bedside tables. Access is by a door 80cm in width.
There are two beds both singles and 3ft wide and 1ft and 10 inches high.
The bathroom is painted gentle yellow with an access door 75cm wide. The floor is a slightly textured pine effect lino.
The bath is 170cm x 70cm x 38cm deep with a tiled surround and an end mixer tap and shower attachment.
The WC is 42cm high and available apace around is 38cm to both left and right. There is no seat adjuster, raiser or support.
There is a pull cord light switch.
1. You must advise us at the time of booking of any special dietary requirements you may require.
2. Assistance dogs, well behaved dogs and horses are welcome.
3. There is a mobile phone reception generally.
4. We use the front door in the need of evacuation and will alert residents personally if this is needed.
5. We are a totally non smoking building.
6. We can accept small items of food/medication for storage in our fridge by arrangement.
7. A password protected wireless broadband network is available.
8. We are not licensed but guests are welcome to bring their own wines etc if they wish.
Address: The Isle, Isle Lane, Bicton, Shrewsbury, Shropshire. SY3 8EE
Telephone: 01743 851218 / 07776 257286
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grid Reference: SJ 459164
Hours of Operation:
Arrivals 4 - 6.00 p.m. (please notify us if you are going to be later than 6.00 p.m.)
Departures by 10.15a.m. (Other times by arrangement)